Saturday 20 August 2011

52. Bow tie



Everything is from New Look.

So this is the look I actually want to wear to work tomorrow but I was hoping to get some feed back as I'm not entirely sure. To me I think it's a fairly good look, quite different and fun, but I would love other people's opinions. You see, I'm the kind of girl who gets really scared/worried/paranoid about what people think about how I dress/look. I know that I shouldn't and everyone always says that you should just wear what you want to wear and be confident, but sometimes I'm just not that confident. It's like I want to wear this tomorrow but what if people think I look stupid and laugh? :/ I know I shouldn't think like that but it's things like this that make me then change what I'm wearing and then wear something boring because I'm scared someone else won't like it. I wish I was just confident and didn't care what people thought because I do believe that if you wear something with confidence then you will pull it off. Ahh well we shall see if I actually wear this tomorrow, hopefully I'll just think 'fuck it' and then there's no going back! But if anyone is reading this then please give me your feedback, I would greatly appreciate it :)

So anyway, I should really talk about the look! I bought this bow a couple of weeks ago with this kind of outfit in mind, I've been wanting to create this look for so long but have always backed out of it or never found the right shirt, well, today I found that shirt. I've gone for a sort of preppy casual look tying up the top and then pairing it with high-waisted denim shorts and a belt so that it doesn't look too much like a school uniform. I think if I wore it with a black bodycon skirt then I would look like a school girl, and that wouldn't really be appropriate for work :/ I've then finished off the look with my cream brogues and lace edge socks. Hope you like it! :)

6 comments:

  1. Oooooo, I love this look! The bow and shirt looks really lovely and the shorts show off your gorgeous long tanned pins!! If I may say one thing, your hair looks a bit too severe for your lovely face, maybe muss it up a bit near the hair line to have some loose bits to break up the severity? But that's just me LOL!

    Kitty x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the look! you look adorable! of course I love the high waisted shorts! follow me back maybe?

    http://ieatyogurtforbreakfast.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thank you! :D And I'll take that on board Kitty, thank you :) And Joanna, I'll check out your blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look Great, you should deffo wear it out with confidence because you dont look stupid at all :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thank you so much! :) I was brave and wore it to work today and got some compliments so that made me feel better :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment, so thankyou for taking the time to look through my blog :)